Welcome to day twenty-four of 28 days of Self-Love.
Let’s continue to cultivate the habit of Self-Love through creativity, breath, and gratitude.
1. the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
2. a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
“Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life.” —Thích Nhất Hạnh
- Music Inspiration: Max Richter – Path 5
- Day 24 Exercise: Plan and Prepare A Meal
Honestly, sit down and plan a gorgeous new meal you haven’t tried before, or one you love that takes some time in the kitchen. Be mindful in the planning, shopping, and preparation of this meal. Being fully present will make this meal and the entire experience more pleasurable. Fully be in each moment.
- Day 24 Create: Recipe for ‘Something’ Poem (NOT FOOD)
Create a word recipe for anything other than food. Incorporate food if you like but be creative and experiment here. Have fun!
Here is my creative work as a result of today’s exercise:
I’m making a plant-based homemade mac-n-cheese. It’s super yummy and it’s a much-loved comfort food in my home!
Then, breathe through the fear open your aquatic heart and trust that now is the moment for change and growth.
(Had to add a line here to an older piece because healing is a process. xx Much love to you all.)
Love and Ink,
I invite you to share your poems in the comment section below or link to a blog or personal website. Read and comment on others. Introduce yourselves. Get involved. I’m excited to see what all you lovely souls have created.
Get cooking. Be in this moment! See you back here tomorrow with another day of Self-Love.